Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Notice of Directory Information Rights
Federal law requires that schools inform parents that some of their child’s information, called "Directory Information," might be used for certain school-related purposes. However, parents and guardians can choose not to have this information shared. This "Directory Information" consists of:
- Student's name
- Date and place of birth
- Student ID number
- Photographs, video and other images
- Recognition, diplomas and awards
- Dates of enrollment and enrollment status / previous schools attended
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Height and/or weight of student (for athletic participation)
- E-mail address and telephone number, including cell phone
Please think carefully before restricting this information. Restricting your child’s directory information will:
- Prevent them from being listed in school publications, including annuals and yearbooks.
- Prevent the district from giving their information to graduation supplies companies; colleges; or military recruiters; and, after graduation, school reunion committees.
Directory Information Restriction
If you wish to restrict how the district shares this information, please contact the school office. If you wish to rescind this request, please ask to update this information at your child’s school office.